Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Moonlight and Moonshine

This weekend I went to a loft party in Bushwick where the residents were selling moonshine (which Lola called "giddy juice") and home-brewed beer. There were bands, there was smoking of marijuana, there was drinking, there was some dancing, and I'm sure there was some hooking up. I didn't smoke and I didn't hook up with anyone, though I did tell Marnie that if she didn't get laid that night that I was going to lay her myself. Thankfully, someone took the pressure off of me-more to come on that.

I also danced. If there's music, I'm going to try to dance to it.

Lola, Mack, Marnie, and Marnie's friend Jeannie were all at the party too. Besides for being surrounded by my lovely friends here are several highlights of the evening:

The home-brews included a wonderfully flavored Pecan nut ale, a walnut ale, and an oatmeal stout. All were quite flavorful, but I preferred the Pecan ale to the rest. It was rich and, not surprisingly, nutty, if somewhat flat. The flavor on it was so clear that my first thought was of bars that don't change their lines often enough and how different this was. The moonshine, though. Wowza. I only tried one flavor which was the Honey Whiskey. I didn't drink it straight, but rather mixed with lemonade. It was great. It made me giggle and dance.

There was a point where I found a neon green feather boa and forced Marnie to sing "Bad Romance" while I made her dance with me and the boa. Then I tried to tell everyone it was my birthday again. Lola and Marnie weren't going to let people fall for that again.

Soon after I walked in the door at the beginning of the night, a young man walked in. He was cute. He looked familiar. I smiled at him, and he said hi to me. I don't remember who said to whom that the other looked familiar, but one of us did. So, then we figured out where it was from. Apparently, I had met this gentleman a few weeks earlier at a show in the bathroom line. I've been told this is a great time/place to pick people up. Well, not when you've just come back on a 6am flight, went out the night before the flight, and then didn't get to sleep all day.

I don't remember all the details of our meeting, but I guess he was waiting in line to go to the bathroom and I really had to go as well. He told me that he really had to go, but that he would be quick. I, cheerful as ever, asked if I could punch him if he wasn't quick. He agreed. He wasn't quick, but I didn't punch him. This is how we met.

(This is unrelated to Moonlight and Moonshine, but that same night that I met Mr. Punch, I also met another guy in the bathroom line. He moseyed up and I told him that I was in line. He said, "oh, don't worry, I wasn't going to cut you".

"Good", I said, "Because, I'd cut you". He said, "you don't mean in line, do you?". I can be so charming)

By the time Lola and I graduated to the moonshine, we were laughing our asses off. We were just having a good time. As Lola summed up the evening, "it was good energy". There was also a member of one of the bands who had a Cosmo Kramer (from Seinfeld) hairdo that had us in hysterics.

Marnie was dancing around with a bunch of boys (this, I believe is where the seeds were planted for the pressure being taken off of me to "do" her), including my intended punching victim. It was time for me to go dance. I walked over to where she was completely surrounded by four boys and I said, "Shit, I feel like i just walked into a gangbang", laughed and then sat down and told Lola. She said, "I would have thought that would be your scene". No comment, Lola.

Towards the end of the night, Lola, Marnie and I were huddled in a little circle laughing about how much fun we were having. Then there was a declaration that we all had fabulous tatas made by...us.


We ended up staying out til late. I got a ride home, but the car was packed. I don't want to complain because rides home in NYC are rarer than snowballs in hell. I ended up sitting shotgun with a 50 pound bag of dog food in the front. If the measure of the quality of a night is commensurate with the level of dog food smell coming from between one's legs, I'd say this night was a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment