Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hangin' with Mr. D.B. Cooper

I got a follower! Hi Meghan!

Last night I was hanging out at Pacific Station on 4th Avenue in Brooklyn. I went to order my beer (pranqster- it was fucking delicious) and overheard the guys sitting at the bar next to me talking about D.B. Cooper. Who is D.B. Cooper you may be asking yourself. The answer is that I don't really know besides what these guys told me. I could have googled the name, but I don't really care that much.

So according to these guys, D.B. Cooper was a guy who basically did a stagecoach robbery on an airplane and then parachuted out of the plane and was never seen or heard from again. To the guy next to me, this meant he got away with it. Of course to me, it meant that he must have died when he parachuted out.

The guy was trying to tell me something about how this was the greatest crime ever committed and how if you got to be D.B. Cooper, you're getting laid for life if you tell that story. My initial thought was that he should just say that he's D.B. Cooper and change the timeline of the story from the '70's to the '90's and then he'd be the one getting laid. He seemed to think that wasn't feasible, and I went so far as to suggest that he should make a fake wikipedia page for himself with a picture and everything describing his caper. He claimed that this was a lot work. I said, "Sure, it's a lot of legwork, but you're going to get laid for the rest of your life. I'd think it was worth it".

He said, "I guess I can see where your priorities are". I didn't realize I was so transparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment