Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Look out boys she'll chew you up.

It's almost 90 degrees in New York City today. All I want is to have some kind of manservant serve me iced coffee (preferably the Blue Bottle New Orleans Iced Coffee mentioned previously) and oral sex all day and Palm Ale and wang all night.

Well, tonight for my outing, I went to Caracas Arepas bar in Williamsburg. I love eating there because when I leave, my hands always smell like greasy deliciousness. The food is good because it's greasy and the arepas themselves are fucking delicious. The fillings sometimes leave something to be desired. Tonight the staff was having a hard time getting it together. I almost drank water out of a glass that had a chunk the size of a good sized pea missing from the rim. Our food took about 35 minutes to come out, and our drinks came out after that. Not the best night for service there, and my chorizo was overcooked, dry and chewy. I'll still go back, though. My first choice was Fette Sau, the barbecue place whose name means "Fat Pig". I never get to go there because almost all of my friends are vegetarian or vegan. They were insanely crowded because of the fair weather, and we decided to move on, which is how we ended up at Caracas.

The final destination of the evening was Rose Live Music to see some live Dub. I had never been to Rose before and the only real criticism I have is that the ambient music before the band played was way too loud. Other than that, it's a totally sweet bar, and a great place to see music. The band played really tightly, even though it was improvised. I was really stunned by the talent of the musicians. The show was great, but because I have an appointment in the morning I had to cut out early.

I was debating whether or not to take a cab, because there are some sketchy characters out at 1am in the middle of the week, and because who knows how long one will have to wait for a train in the middle of the night. Because of the hot weather, I was wearing a short-ish skirt with wedge sandals. I only waited for the train for about 5 minutes. A few stops into the journey, a man got on, sat opposite me, and kept touching himself in his bathing suit area. I couldn't tell if he was rubbing himself, or if he had crabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment